As COVID-19 cases start to stabilize in Massachusetts, Governor Charlie Baker announced the state would be loosening restrictions starting on Monday, January 25.
On his latest update, Governor Charlie Baker announced that the state would move forward to ease some of the restrictions currently in place. These were first put in place earlier in the fall to help control the increase in coronavirus cases Massachusetts saw during the holidays. But as cases and the healthcare system continue to stabilize Baker explained the state was ready to start easing restrictions.
“We all know we are not out of the woods yet by any means,” he said. “But things do seem to be getting better here. We believe it’s ok and it’s time to start a gradual easing of the restrictions we put in place in the fall.”
Governor Baker announced Massachusetts would be removing its 9:30 p.m. business curfew and nighttime stay-at-home advisory on Monday, January 25. The curfew imposed earlier in November required all entertainment-related businesses to close or cease service by 9:30 p.m.
Baker also made mention to the state’s vaccine program stating it would hopefully help trends continue to go in the right direction. “Vaccines are here and Massachusetts is now vaccinating all residents in our Phase 1 priority group.”
The state however will be retaining its 25% capacity limit across all of Massachusetts for at least two more weeks, according to Baker, who said the capacity limit would be lifted on Monday, February 8. The governor also explained gathering limits will remain at 10 guests for indoor gatherings and 25 for outdoors as well and Massachusetts will remain in Phase 3 of its reopening for the time being.
[Featured image: Unsplash]