Bostonians definitely repped the best commercial of the Super Bowl this year with Dunkin’s new hilarious DunKings ad!
The hysterical Dunkin’ Donuts commercial began with Ben Affleck in a car with Jack Harlow, moments away from “supporting” Jennifer Lopez by starting his music career as a pop star. Affleck then marched into the studio where JLo was waiting, dressed head to toe in a bright orange and pink Dunkin’ Donuts tracksuit.
He yells as he enters, “Here comes the Boston Massacre! The DunKings!” The camera then pans to Tom Brady on the keyboard, with Affleck introducing him: “Touchdown Tommy on them keys!” and the man who “needs no introduction” Affleck’s partner, Matt Damon.
Damon hilariously played the embarrassed friend, saying “Sometimes it’s really hard to be your friend.”
Ben Affleck proceeded to perform a comically bad dance with his DunKings song, while Brady played away at the keyboard and Matt Damon watched in his hilariously-timed horror, adding in at the end of the song, “How do you like them…doughnuts–I’m so sorry.”
The laugh-out-loud commercial ends with Jennifer Lopez kicking both Ben Affleck and Matt Damon out of the studio (but telling Tom Brady he could stay). Affleck says, “There goes Babe Ruth” as he hits his head on the DunKings sign, leaving the studio in shame.
The last shot is of the iconic Boston pair, Affleck and Damon, walking down the street in their Dunkin’ jumpsuits.
The absolutely hilarious commercial definitely made us laugh, and represented Boston well during the Super Bowl. We can’t wait to try the new DunKings menu items too!
The DunKings Menu:
- The DunKings Iced Coffee: Affleck’s go-to order (and his first official menu item) – an iced coffee with “notes of vanilla” and cream, topped with sweet cold foam and a dusting of cinnamon sugar.
- The DunKings Munchkins Skewers: Three assorted Munchkins on a skewer, topping any beverage at Dunkin’
- Everything Encore Breakfast Sandwich: An everything bagel with Sweet Black Pepper Seasoned Backon, white cheddar cheese and an egg (order through the mobile app!)
- Hazelnut Heartthrob Iced coffee: hot or iced coffee blended with sweet caramel, hazelnut and whole milk (order through the mobile app!)
- Mixed Berry Beats Dunkin’ Refresher: A Strawberry Dragonfruit Dunkin’ Refresher with an extra shot of raspberry flavor (order through the mobile app!)
And while supplies last, you can get your very own DunKings merch! Check it out before it’s too late!
And you can watch the DunKings ad for yourself above!
Article written by Susan Swavely