Bright Nights is no stranger to notable recognitions. A holiday tradition dating back to 1995, Bright Nights in Springfield, Massachusetts in the heart of Forest Park has some pretty gloat-worthy titles under its belt according to its website:
- Seven recognitions as “One of the Top Ten Holiday Happenings in America” according to People Magazine
- “Best Public Holiday Lights Display” according to USA Today
- “Top 100 Attractions in North America” by the American Bus Association
- and new for 2023 the American Bus Association’s top pick for “The Best Light Show in America”
Bright Nights has received countless other recognitions, and we can see why. The enormous venue, spanning 3.5 miles for the holiday season, has over ten main attractions. You can explore Santa’s Magical Forest, Zoo Nights, or even enjoy Supper With Santa. Visitors can even send Santa himself a a personal email letter. Some ongoing attractions you’ll find at Bright Nights in Springfield include:
- A winter carousel ride
- Souvenir shop
- Gift shop
- Holiday themed crafts
- Novelty eats and refreshments
- And of course, hot cocoa and various light displays
Each year’s main theme is ever changing. There are plenty of different “worlds” to explore spanning a portion of the 735-acre park in Springfield, about a 1.5-hour drive from the city, that overlooks the Connecticut River. Past expansions include Jurassic World, Winter Gardens, Giant Poinsettia Candles, and more!
The holiday show has over 750,000 LEDs lights along a 3.5-mile drive! There is also a portion of the show that is not drive-through. Guests are welcome to make friends with the horses, ride the carousel, listen to live carolers, take pictures with the lights, and explore the gift shop and eateries.
The Bright Nights light show will runs from November 22 until January 1. You can find more information on dates and times on the Bright Nights website.
Find Bright Nights at Forest Park at 300 Sumner Avenue, Springfield, MA 01108