One of the best things about the holiday season in the city is our amazingly festive holiday markets!
Christmastime is swiftly approaching, the holiday lights are up, the city’s holiday trees are now lit and many of us are still scrambling to get our holiday shopping list done. But that’s what holiday markets are here for. Get your Christmas spirit on while helping out local vendors, getting your shopping done and of course sipping on some excellent hot chocolate while you’re at it! Many of Boston’s holiday markets have gone virtual this year but there’s still plenty to explore both around the city and online.
So without further ado, here’s a list of the winter markets across Boston, where they are and when they’re open.
December 3-5: South End Holiday Stroll
Get your shopping done while touring Boston’s South End. There are over 90 participating vendors in this year’s holiday stroll, so you’ll find plenty of options!
- Where: All throughout South End. You can also check out the vendors online.
- Hours: Thursday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
December 5: Lenox Mercantile Holiday Market
This year’s Mercantile Holiday Market at the Lenox Hotel will be taking place outside on Boylston street. Grab a hot cocoa or coffee from one of their top-notch vendors and get on exploring!
- Where: the Lenox Hotel, 61 Exeter Street at Boylston, Boston, MA 02116
- Holiday Market Hours: 12 – 3 p.m.
December 5, 12, 19: Black Joy Market
Taking place in Nubian Square, this year’s Black Joy Market offers a variety of specially curated local vendors. Wander through the market while listening to a holiday playlist composed by Roxbury Sound System.
- Where: 2136 Washington Street, Roxbury, MA 02119.
- Holiday Market Hours: Recurring Saturdays from 1 to 5 p.m.
December 6-7, 12-13, 19-20: Black-Owned Bos. Holiday Collective At Legacy Place
Raising awareness and support of Black entrepreneurship, The Black-owned Bos. Holiday Collective at Legacy place has everything to offer all the way from apparel to packaged goods and skincare products.
- Where: 680 Legacy PlaceDedham, MA.
- Holiday Market Hours: Select dates from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Now through December 20: SoWa Winter Pop-Up at Wyllo
The SoWa Open Market has teamed up with a number of female artists and Wyllo for a special holiday pop-up where you’ll be able to shop for awesome local-made goods!
- Where: Wyllo, 65 Thayer St, Boston, MA
- Holiday Market Hours: Wednesday – Sunday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Now through December 20: Annual Holiday Creator Market
A one-stop shop for everything from groceries to holiday gifts, the Annual Holiday Creator Market is back for another round of artisanal holiday shopping. Head on over to the Boston Public Market to discover local artisan pop-ups alongside year-round vendors for specialty foods, jewelry, artwork, & home goods.
- Where: 100 Hanover StreetBoston, MA 02108.
- Holiday Market Hours:
- Friday – Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sundays: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Now through December 31: Boston’s Women Holiday Market
Support local female-owned businesses at this year’s Boston’s Women Holiday Market!
- Where: Check out Boston’s Women Holiday Market online.
Now through December 31: CraftBoston Holiday Online
Shop fine handmade goods at the SA+C store and explore artists’ profiles at this year’s online CraftBoston Holiday Market.
- Where: Check out CraftBoston online!
Ongoing: Snowport Market
All the way from curling to winter walks with Betty the Yeti, there’s plenty to do around Seaport’s ‘Snowport’ as well as shopping.
- Where: 85 Northern AvenueBoston, MA 02210
- Holiday Market Hours: Daily from 2 to 6 p.m.
[Featured image: Unsplash ]