50 of the most commonly visited tourist attractions in America, determined by the number of annual visitors, were studied by Family Destinations Guide, a site that recommends the best travel destinations in the world.
Results were sourced from Tripadvisor and the 50 tourist attractions were ranked based on those with the highest percentage of Tripadvisor reviews marked “excellent.” With 89% of reviews marked “excellent” Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina and Tennessee came in at the top.
As mentioned, annual visitors are also a factor, and with 42 million annual visitors and a 78% excellence rating, New York’s Central Park has the highest quantity of “excellent” reviews according to the travel experts at Family Destinations Guide Tripadvisor research.
For Boston, the news is not as fortunate. Of the 18 million visitors that explore the historic Faneuil Hall, home of Dino Safari, Cheers, and more, only 47% are left impressed enough to leave an excellent review. Faneuil Hall, know as the “Cradle of Liberty“, sits among other tourist attractions marked as having the ” lowest percentage of excellent reviews” which are all listed below:
- Venice Beach, Los Angeles, California (10 million visitors) 37% excellence
- South Street Seaport, NY (9 million visitors) 39%
- Navy Pier, Chicago, Illinois (9 million visitors) 40%
- Union Station D.C (40 million visitors) 41%
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, MA (18 million visitors) 47%
On the flipside, these are the tourist attractions with the highest percentage of excellent reviews! Maybe worth adding to upcoming travel!
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (12 million visitors) 89% excellence
- Grand Canyon, Arizona (5 million visitors) 89%
- Mackinac Bridge (9 million visitors) 82%
- Walt Disney World (20 million visitors) 69%
- National Mall D.C. (32 million visitors) 73%
- Balboa Park, San Diego, CA (13 million visitors) 74%