But it might be sarcasm. Bostonians recently shared some of their favorite things about driving in Boston. The answers were, you guessed it, mainly sarcastic. A fraction of the people are fond of the foliage and it is tough to deny its beauty each year. But the “fourth worst traffic in the world,” Masshole aggression, and dangerous inclement weather trump the trees ablaze.
Without further ado, these are the things Bostonians “love” about driving in Boston. Maybe it’ll make you feel better about the 7 hours you just spent in Thanksgiving weekend traffic.
Things Bostonians “love” about driving in Boston:
- When I pull into my own driveway!
- It’s an adventure every time
- The T
- getting home
- Not doing it ?
- Audiobooks that you listen to exclusively in traffic take only a couple of days instead of a typical week or two?
- Smooth traffic flow
- The friends you make
- The rotaries
- The potholes! They are so big and beautiful.
- What I love is being able to put my car in neutral and just listen to music for 30 minutes without moving
- How you think if you make a right turn followed by two more you’ll end up wanting to go home.
- There was traffic last night at like 9! Wth!?
- Driving to the Cape
- Nothing. We love nothing about driving in Boston. Period
- Too much lol
- You mean LOSTon????😜
- The creative hand signals and colorful language??🤣🤣
- Being able to listen an entire Audible book on your commute from Boston to Boston?
- Nothing. Absolutely nothing. BUT I prefer it better than NYC 😂
- I don’t have to reply on GPS – and GPS doesn’t really like Boston anyway
- That you can get from the zakim bridge to Franklin park Zoo in 55 minutes! Yes, 7 miles per hour! It’s 2x faster than the MBTA!
- Y’all drive in Boston?
- That it takes eight hours to get to Boston from Boston?
- That you have to run errands at 7am on weekends before the traffic picks up?
- that even tho I have GPS on I get lost like 3 times a drive
Vs. things people actually love about driving in Boston:
- Driving at night🤩
- being able to put on my fave playlist and put on a 45 minute concert for myself.
- I’m from ATL and been here since the start of this year and I love it here. Trust me. Boston doesn’t have major problems compared to ATL. Driver’s pleasantly allow you to turn left when they have the green light right of way.
- I love that I can do it without having my feathers ruffled. Makes me feel bad-ass. Boston makes the traffic in most other places seem like child’s play.
- Either the easy to follow roads or the bike lanes that have right of way
- That I moved to Phoenix. I enjoy the Boston traffic much more from here.
- Zakim bridge at night with zero traffic