The stunning Charles River Esplanade just ranked as one of the best riverwalks in all of America. USA Today experts curated a list of the best 20 riverwalks in America, which was further consolidated to the top 10 by readers. Coming in at the number 8 spot on the list is the stunning Charles River Esplanade.
The esplanade features a 64-acre park, 17 miles of trails along the beautiful waterfront, plenty of wide docks, a small seasonal cafe, and an outdoor amphitheater known for 4th of July celebrations and more! We love the esplanade year-round due to its accessibility and efficiency in getting around the city.
Plus, the stunning views of Boston as the seasons shift, especially in October as colored scullers line the river for the Head of the Charles Regatta is simply unparalled.
Coming in at the number one spot is Michigan’s 14-mile Detroit International RiverWalk. The full list of riverwalk rankings is as follows:
- Detroit International RiverWalk – Detroit, Michigan
- Tampa Riverwalk – Tampa Bay, Florida
- Waterfront Park – Louisville, Kentucky
- Smale Riverfront Park – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Mississippi Riverwalk – Dubuque, Iowa
- San Antonio River Walk – San Antonio, Texas
- Wilmington Riverwalk – Wilmington, North Carolina
- Charles River Esplanade – Boston, Massachusetts
- Milwaukee RiverWalk – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 10: Canal Walk – Indianapolis, Indiana