Away, the luggage brand conceived in 2016, just opened its second brick-and-mortar shop in Boston! With the inaugural shop on Seaport Boulevard in Boston Seaport, the Away family grew to a lovely shop on Newbury Street in Back Bay!
If you’re unfamiliar with the “it” luggage brand, Away, here is the backstory. The founders spent much of their time traveling and were in search of the perfect Carry-On, with features such as a built-in charging bank and a hard-shell case. Unable to find it, they designed it themselves.
The signature suitcase that catapulted Away into the hands of millions was created “by travelers for travelers.” So, each Away product enables you to maximize usage of all the nooks and crannies of your luggage- no more sitting on suitcases.
Not only is Away luggage functional, being named the “#1 carry-on” since its inception in 2016, but the brand merges beauty with function. The ultra chic suitcases, and now expanded array of travel accessories, come in a variety of minimalist silhouettes and sophisticated colors. Boasting industry accolades like Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and TIME’s “Best Inventions,” Away is the go-to authority for travelers today.
Go to one of the Boston stores and see what we mean for yourself!
Shopping events at Away Boston
In celebration of the now 16th Away store, and upcoming holiday and travel high-seasons, Away is hosting a rotation of fun in-store activations for the Boston community at the new storefront on Newbury Street! You don’t want to miss them.
- Friday, November 10th 4-6 PM: Sip and Shop event hosted by Anna Rossi, co-host of NBC Boston’s “The Hub Today.” Enjoy treats from Flour Bakery and Sips from local favorite, Spindrift Sparkling Water as you mingle and browse Away’s award-winning selection of classic suitcases, bags, and accessories.
- Saturday, November 11th: Sip and Shop with Flour Bakery and Spindrift Sparkling Water
- Sunday, November 12th 4-6 PM: Sip and Shop event with Girlfriends Boston! More snacks and sips from Flour and Spindrift will be available. Attendees of the event will be gifted a VIP Away tote bag (while supplies last) with local Boston goodies, including: a limited-edition postcard illustrated by Kinsey Hotchkiss, Sky Candle, and more!
As a testament to the success, we’ve experienced in the Seaport district, we’re thrilled to announce the opening of our second Away store in Boston’s Newbury area. This addition to our fleet reinforces our commitment to meeting our customers where they are and delivering meaningful experiences that inspire them to get away more. said Catherine Dunleavy, President of Away.
The Away store on Newbury Street will also offer store opening specials.
- Gift with Purchase beginning 11/3: Free limited-edition Boston luggage charm with the purchase of any piece of luggage, until supplies last.
- Personalization 10/27 and until 11/18: Away will offer complimentary foil stamping for all luggage purchases.
- College Student Discount 10/27 until 11/17: students get 10% off their grand total with the purchase of any luggage. Student ID required.
- Impact Partner 11/10-11/12: Away will donate 100% of proceeds (up to $10k) to Quest Adventures a Boston nonprofit fueling local and international service-learning trips.
Find Away in Back Bay at:
179 Newbury St, Boston, MA 02116
Monday- Saturday from 11 AM- 7 PM
Sunday from 11 AM- 6 PM
And Away in Seaport at:
50 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA 02210
Monday- Saturday from 11 AM- 6 PM
Sunday from 12- 6 PM