We all know that at our core Bostonians are an empathetic, kind, and courageous bunch. It’s impossible not to be when you live in one of the best cities in the world. However, we’ve definitely earned ourselves a reputation for sometimes being as ice cold as a New England blizzard.
And maybe it’s partly the long winters that might make us come across as winter grinches, aggravated by unreliable transit systems and insane traffic-hey Massholes, we’re looking at you (naturally there are many driving-related answers)! But part of what makes Boston, “Boston Strong” is our energetic competitiveness fueled by our awesome sports teams and our adventurous spirit embellished by the fact we have not just Boston, but all of New England at our fingertips.
We all tick, and the Boston reputation didn’t come out of nowhere. So, we set out on a quippy Instagram challenge with our audience-to fill us in on just five words that summarize peak annoyance for a Bostonian. Let’s get into it:
How to annoy a Bostonian in five words or less…
1.Not turning right on red
2. Driving slow in fast lane
4. Stopping at yellow light
5. CLOSE OFF MASS AVE BRIDGE
6. Blinker with no turn
7. Not using yah blinkah!
8. Navigating a Rotary
9. Stopping before entering a rotary
10. Simply existing
11. Walk slowly
12. Dunkins’ closed!
13. Smile, wave and act friendly…
14. Exaggerating the accent.
15. Making fun of my accent!
16. This is the Yankees year.
17. Dunkin donuts is not good.
18. Speak with a southern accent
19. Talking about New York City
20. Being a Yankees fan
21. Wearing anything that says “Yankees”
22. “Let’s go Yankees!”
23. Shopping bags on train seats 😣
24. Follow them and poke them.
25. How far to Wor Chester?
26. Taking too long ordering Dunkin
27. Asking about “Cheers” location.
28. Say Beantown
29. I like the Yankees
30. Wearing anything NYC
31. Storrow, Truck stuck, move-in day.
32. Ask for Boston baked beans
33. Walking slow.
34. Walking slow(again)
35. We built more luxury condos
36. Say park the car
37. Ride the T
38. Insult and mimic their accent
39. Using the English language properly
40. Stop in the middle of the sidewalk