Tripadvisor’s 2023 Traveler’s Choice Awards revealed the top 25 beaches in America. Coming in at the number 9 spot is Maine’s Ogunquit Beach!
The annual Traveler’s Choice Awards are determined based on the quantity and quality of Tripadvisor traveler’s reviews in addition to an editorial vetting process over a 12-month period. The awards recognize destinations that’ve earned consistently positive reviews, according to Tripadvisor.
Ogunquit Beach sits nearby Walnut Hill and Moody Park along the Maine coast. It’s just a 1-hour and 20-minute drive from Boston, making it the perfect destination to add to your summer bucket list! Make a day trip of it or look to local hotels from Maine-based Uncommon Hospitality for local housing to enjoy the beach for a bit longer.
Users applauded the beach for its cleanliness, spacious landscape, clear waters, and lively scene in the beach town, Ogunquit. Ogunquit is the only beach from New England to make the list, according to the report, the top 10 beaches in America are:
- Ka’anapali Beach in Lahaina, Hawaii
- Siesta Beach in Siesta Key, Florida
- Driftwood Beach in Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Hanalei Beach in Hanalei, Hawaii
- Ho’okipa Beach Park in Paia, Hawaii
- Henderson Beach State Park in Destin, Florida
- Cannon Beach in Cannon Beach, Oregon
- Coronado Beach in Coronado, California
- Ogunquit Beach in Ogunquit, Maine
- La Jolla Cove in La Jolla, California