Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center in Great Barrington, Massachusetts recently made the USA Today Readers’ Choice Awards top ten snow tubing parks in America.
A panel of adventure experts partnered with USA Today 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote of readers nationwide. Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center in Great Barrington, just over two hours driving from Boston, landed a sweet spot at number six on the list! USA Today writes:
Eleven snow tubing lanes and a Magic Carpet Lift make the Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center a fantastic option for snow tubing. Tubing tickets can be purchased for 2-hour sessions, and tubers of all ages are welcome.
Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center compares to a ski resort with 22 trails, 2 terrain parks, 10 “magic carpet” ski lifts, rentals, lessons, and of course 11 snow tubing lanes featuring magical snow dusted mountain views of Massachusetts. Tubing tickets are required and are $28 on Friday nights and $33 in weekends. Lodging isn’t available in site, but there are plenty of nearby hotels and restaurants for a full winter getaway!
Also on the list are King Pine Ski Area in Madison, New Hampshire (at number 3) and directly after, Cranmore Mountain Resort in North Conway, New Hampshire.
- The Plunge Tubing Park at Wintergreen Resort – Nellysford, Virginia
- Camelback Resort – Tannersville, Pennsylvania
- King Pine Ski Area – Madison, New Hampshire
- Cranmore Mountain Resort – North Conway, New Hampshire
- Winter Park Resort – Winter Park, Colorado
- Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center – Great Barrington, Massachusetts
- Big Bear Snow Play – Big Bear Lake, California
- Mt. Hood Skibowl – Government Camp, Oregon
- Woodward Park City – Summit Park, Utah
- Bogus Basin – Boise, Idaho
It’s lovely to see so much New England representation on this list! At least the cold and nor-easters make for some good winter fun! Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center is officially open for the season. Check their website for regular updates on snow and trail conditions.
Find Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center at 380 State Rd, Great Barrington, MA 01230
Open Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Weekends from 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM
Snow tubing is only available Friday through Sunday with the hours below
Fridays 4 PM to 8 PM
Saturday 10 AM to 8 PM
Sunday 10 AM to 4 PM