Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center in Great Barrington, Massachusetts recently made the USA Today Readers’ Choice Awards top ten snow tubing parks in America.
A panel of adventure experts partnered with USA Today 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote of readers nationwide. Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center in Great Barrington, just over two hours driving from Boston, landed a sweet spot at number eight on the list! USA Today writes:
Ten snow tubing lanes and a Magic Carpet lift make the Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center a fantastic option for snow tubing. Tubing tickets can be purchased for 2-hour sessions, and tubers aged 5 and up are welcome.
Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center compares to a ski resort with 22 trails, 2 terrain parks, 10 “magic carpet” ski lifts, rentals, lessons, and of course 10 snow tubing lanes featuring magical snow dusted mountain views of Massachusetts. Tubing tickets are required and are $25 on Friday nights and $35 during weekends and holidays. Lodging isn’t available in site, but there are plenty of nearby hotels and restaurants for a full winter getaway!
Also on the list are King Pine Ski Area in Madison, New Hampshire (at number 6) and directly before, Cranmore Mountain Resort in North Conway, New Hampshire.
- Camelback Resort – Tannersville, Pennsylvania
- Wintergreen Resort – Wintergreen, Virginia
- Big Bear Snow Play – Big Bear Lake, California
- Coca-Cola Tube Hill at Winter Park Resort – Winter Park, Colorado
- Cranmore Mountain Resort – North Conway, New Hampshire
- King Pine Ski Area – Madison, New Hampshire
- Mt. Hood Skibowl – Government Camp, Oregon
- Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center – Great Barrington, Massachusetts
- Copper Mountain – Copper Mountain, Colorado
- Keystone Ski Resort – Keystone, Colorado
It’s lovely to see so much New England representation on this list! At least the cold and nor-easters make for some good winter fun! Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center is officially open for the season. Check their website for regular updates on snow and trail conditions.
Find Butternut Ski Area and Tubing Center at 380 State Rd, Great Barrington, MA 01230
Open Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Weekends from 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM
Snow tubing is only available Friday through Sunday with the hours below. Holiday hours vary.
Fridays 4 PM to 8 PM
Saturday 10 AM to 8 PM
Sunday 10 AM to 4 PM