Christmastime at Santa’s Village in Jefferson, New Hampshire, two and half hours from the city, is one of the country’s best theme park holiday events according to the recent USA Today Reader’s Choice Awards for the top 10 “theme park holiday events.”
The results were released on December 16 at 12 PM and the New Hampshire event took fourth place, landing itself among the top 5:
- SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration – Multiple Locations
- An Old Time Christmas at Silver Dollar City – Branson, Missouri
- WinterFest at Kings Island – Mason, Ohio
- Christmastime at Santa’s Village – Jefferson, New Hampshire
- Smoky Mountain Christmas at Dollywood – Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay – Tampa, Florida
- Holiday in the Park at Six Flags – Multiple Locations
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane – Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Holiday Lights at Kennywood – West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
- Dutch Winter Wonderland at Dutch Wonderland – Lancaster, Pennsylvania
The winners are first curated by a panel of experts that partner with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees. The final top 10 winners were determined by popular vote of USA Today readers. USA Today writes about Christmastime at Santa’s Village:
While it’s Christmastime year-round at Santa’s Village in Jefferson, New Hampshire, the park pulls out all the stops for its annual Christmastime celebration each winter. Park goers can ride more than a dozen different rides during the event, while the park is illuminated in holiday lights.
When to visit Santa’s Village in Jefferson, New Hampshire?
The park will hold its final Christmas special on December 17 and 18, just in the nick of time! With the slogan “Pure Joy. Family Style” that’s exactly what you’re in for at this real-life North Pole.
Fly away on the 30-foot-tall monorail on the “Skyway Sleigh,” take a “Great Humbug Adventure” through Scrooge’s home or ride “Santa’s Express Train”–a red, green, and gold vintage train that travels through a magical winter village. The Christmastime specials end this weekend and are nearly sold out, so check out the Santa’s Village site for snow much fun!
After their New Year’s celebration, the park remains closed from Jan 1 to May 2023, when they’ll ramp up the summer, fall, and winter fun again. If you can’t check it out this year, it’s something to add to the wish list for next year!
Find it at 528 Presidential Highway, Jefferson, NH 03583