1 boutique and 4 mainstays were recently ranked as the best Boston hotels and among the top 100 in the country. An additional 3 New England hotels made the list presented by U.S. News & World Report.
The hotel rankings stem from various factors including:
an analysis of industry awards, hotel star ratings, and user ratings. Hotels that scored in the top 10% of the Best Hotels in the USA earned a Gold badge. Hotels that scored in the top 30% of the Best Hotels in the USA earned a Silver badge. Hotels that appear after ranked hotels are sorted by hotel class and then by user rating, as provided by Tripadvisor.
At the time the list only curates from a selection of luxury hotels, which only used to include 4- and 5-star hotels but since 2019 broadened to also include 3.5-star properties. In order to qualify, properties with a 3.5-star rating or higher must also offer at least 20 guest rooms. Condos, Airbnb properties, and similar options do not qualify for the rankings, but U.S. News & World Report does hope to integrate them in the future, according to its hotel ranking methodology.
Best hotels in Boston
- Four Seasons Hotel One Dalton Street, Back Bay (#16)
- Boston Harbor Hotel, Seaport (#21)
- The Langham Boston, Downtown (#29)
- XV Beacon Hotel, Downtown (#57)
- The Newbury, Back Bay (#68)
- Mandarin Oriental, Back Bay (#76)
Best hotels in New England
- Twin Farms, Barnard, Vermont (#26)
- Ocean House, Watch Hill, Rhode Island (#53)
- Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, Harwich, MA (#92)
The top hotel in the country according to the report is the Acqualina Resort & Residences in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida.